Here's a few shots from one of the bigger days in Louisbourg I blogged about in the last week or two. Bit grey and shaky, but you get the general idea :)
|Myself and Andreas|
|Some nice sets on the main reef at the beach|
|We sailed the offshore reef, but it was too bumpy on the face|
|Worth a look though !|
|Some nice lumps of water moving around :)|
I have to stay home though, as I'm nominated for ISA Sailing Achievement of the year, so it's off to the awards ball on Saturday.
Naturally for the Irish Sailing Association it's a Black Tie dinner, some I'm going to have to get a Tux... the only suit I own is a wetsuit !
From the ISA site:
And the nominees for ISA Sailing Achievement of the Year are...
• Anthony O'Leary – Winner of the Rolex Commodore’s Cup 2010
• Peter O'Leary – Winner of the Skandia Sail For Gold Regatta
• Nicholas O'Leary – Only competitor to win 3 consecutive titles at the ISA All Ireland Sailing Championships
• Mark Pollack and Mick Liddy – Round Ireland Yacht Race
• Oisín Van Gelderen – Irish Speed Sailing Champion
Don't know who all these O'Learys are.. but they are damn good sailors !
And speaking of which, check out my Surfdock team-mate Ryan O'Leary's blog: ir999.blogspot.com
He's just had some great sessions in Fuerte and Donegal.